Last revised: October 15, 2019
Surkus is a place where anyone can create or discover a variety of live and online events. These Community Guidelines (“Guidelines”) are our acceptable use policy and clarify what we do and don’t allow on Surkus. The crux of our Guidelines can be boiled down to one simple statement: Treat everyone with respect. These Guidelines are incorporated by reference into the Surkus Terms of Service, and capitalized terms in these Guidelines not otherwise defined here have the same definitions that we use in the Terms of Service.
This list isn't exhaustive and we may add to it; therefore, it is important that you continue to check in on any modifications or updates frequently. Please respect these Guidelines. If you come across any content that violates them, please contact us right away at [email protected].
● Discover Events or Offers on any topic that interests you.
● Create Events and Offers of all kinds.
● Respectfully share your experience of an Event or Offer listed on the Surkus Services.
● Invite your friends to join Surkus.
● Post self-generated or properly obtained content.
You are welcome to use content in your Event or Offer listing that you've created yourself, or procured appropriately, provided that it is not hateful or explicit in nature, or otherwise in violation of these Guidelines. This includes photos, videos, logos, and copy.
● Don’t collect any personal information about other Surkus Members.
● Don’t intimidate, threaten, stalk, bully or otherwise harass other Surkus Members.
● Don’t create an account if you are not over 13 years of age.
● Don’t use the Surkus Services as a platform for dating or matchmaking services or any other purpose not expressly permitted by Surkus.
● Don’t use the Surkus Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or to engage in, encourage or promote any activity that is unlawful or that violates our Terms.
● Don’t interfere with the Surkus Services which includes but is not limited to:
o Interfering with or disrupting the operation of the Surkus Services or the servers or networks used to make the Surkus Services available,
o Posting, transmitting through or releasing into the Surkus Services a virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, spyware, rootkit, cancelbot, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment,
o Accessing, or programing any technology to access the Surkus Services through any robot or "bot," crawling or scraping technology, or other extraction technology (for any purpose), or
o Attempting to gain unauthorized access to the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services, through password mining or any other means.
● Don't promote illegal or inappropriate activities including, but not limited to:
o Explicit sexual activity (including escort services), or pornography,
o Illegal gambling activity (whether illegal under any U.S. federal or state law, or non-U.S. law),
o The sale or ingestion of illegal drugs or other illegal substances,
o Activities that demean, harass, intimidate, threaten or express hatred toward any societal group, whether based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
● Don't infringe on the intellectual property rights of others:
o You may not upload or distribute content on Surkus that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
o If you have identified an unauthorized use of your intellectual property on the Surkus Services, please contact [email protected].
How to Flag and Process for Review
Our goal is to promote a safe and respectful community. If you learn that any listing or content violates these Community Guidelines or our Terms, please [email protected]. We will review each report, and depending on the nature of the report, we may or may not follow up with you. We truly value your feedback and the opportunity to hear from our community.
When Attending a Live Event
You are prohibited from engaging in the following, and any allegation that you have done so at an Event may result in your Surkus Member account and access to the Surkus Services being terminated:
● The unauthorized use, possession, manufacture, distribution or sale of an illegal drug, controlled substance or drug paraphernalia at an Event;
● Engaging in illegal solicitation or pandering;
● Attending an Event while under the influence of illegal drugs or a controlled substance whose use is unauthorized;
● Behaving in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other Surkus Members, Event attendees or Event personnel from fully enjoying the Event.
You are expected to use common sense and to know your own limits pertaining to the consumption of any legal psychoactive substance (such as alcohol or marijuana). YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR DECISION TO CONSUME LEGAL PSYCHOACTIVE SUBSTANCE AT AN EVENT IS SOLELY A PERSONAL DECISION AND YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS, AND ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY, FOR YOUR CONSUMPTION OF PSYCHOACTIVE SUBSTANCES.
Violations of our Community Guidelines
If we determine that the content violates our Guidelines, we may remove only the relevant content, we may take down the entire event listing, or take alternative action that Surkus determines to be appropriate given the circumstances surrounding the violation. If the abuse of the Surkus Services is serious and severe (in our sole evaluation), we may also suspend or terminate the associated Surkus account.